Position: Overnight Camp Director
Location: B’nai B’rith Camp Office (Portland); B’nai B’rith Camp (near Lincoln City)
Dates & Hours: Full-time, Year-round
Salary: $65,000-$80,000, DOE
Reports to: Chief Jewish Engagement Program Officer
Benefits: Employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; up to 6% employer contribution to retirement fund; up to 200 hours of paid time off and holidays, plus other benefits, including discounted rates for Summer Camp.
Under the supervision of the Chief Jewish Engagement Program Officer, the Camp Director is responsible for guiding B'nai B'rith Camp to the highest standards of excellence, enabling BB Camp to fulfill its mission. The Camp Director is responsible for camper recruitment, program development and implementation, hiring and supervising B'nai B'rith Camp summer staff, day-to-day summer camp operations, building a vibrant and inclusive Jewish community at Camp for campers and staff, budget development and management, and planning for improvements and growth.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• Post-graduate work in a related field is preferred.
• At least 5 years of experience in youth services, Jewish camping, or similar non-profit work
• Proven leadership and communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate effectively with several different stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
• Proven experience with program development and implementation
• Familiarity and comfort with Jewish values and traditions.
• Prioritizes inclusivity within the work that is produced.
• Ability to be flexible and manage change.
About B’nai B’rith Camp:
B’nai B’rith Camp, located on the Oregon coast, is a premier camp and conference center in the Pacific Northwest. Since 1921, BB Camp has been dedicated to providing the finest summer overnight camp experience for today’s campers while preparing them to be tomorrow’s community leaders. Since 2006, BB Camp has been serving the local community with our day camp program. In addition to our summer camp programs, we rent our facility for conferences, retreats, and special events. B’nai B’rith Camp is open to everyone. B’nai B’rith Camp is licensed by the State of Oregon, accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA), and a member of the JCC Association. www.bbcamp.org
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Michelle Koplan, Chief Executive Officer, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position is open until filled.