The Laurie Rogoway Outstanding Jewish Professional Award is sponsored by the Jewish Federation of Greater Portland in recognition of Laurie Rogoway, a pillar of Jewish leadership for over 30 years in Portland.
The purpose of this award is to recognize an individual currently working in a professional capacity at a Jewish communal organization in Greater Portland. The nominee must demonstrate outstanding professional work and a commitment to the field of Jewish professional leadership.
• Commitment to Jewish professional leadership.
• Commitment to the future vitality and vibrancy of the Jewish community and people.
• Knowledge of the issues facing the Jewish community.
• Approach to Jewish communal service in a creative and innovative way.
• Ability to work as a team player and work collaboratively in the larger community.
• Interest in continuing professional development in the field of Jewish communal service.
• The nominee must be an entry to mid-level Jewish professional (e.g. not a member of an organization's executive/senior leadership team).
• The nominee may be any non-clergy from any Jewish communal service discipline (e.g. synagogue, education, etc.).
• The nominee must be a current employee of a Greater Portland-area Jewish organization, and must have worked in the Greater Portland Jewish community for at least 3 years.
• The nominee must demonstrate interest in continuing a career in Jewish professional leadership.
• Professional development would have a meaningful impact on the nominee's professional abilities/expertise.
• Attend Federation Annual Meeting June 8, 2023 to receive the Rogoway Award.
• Develop a utilization plan (including estimated costs) within four months of receiving award and present plan to JFGP for approval.
• Serve on the JFGP Selection Committee for this award the following year.
• Monies awarded must be used within 18 months of the award being presented to recipient.
• Integrate the information they obtained through professional enrichment experience into their work as a Jewish communal professional.
• Submit a written summary/deliver a presentation on the professional development experience.